The IGLUS newsletter offers a new publication format to capture the perspectives of the different stakeholders involved in the governance of a particular novel urban challenge. Contributions consist of a one page (500 word) document covering the following aspects:
– what are the main governance issues posed by the urban challenge at hand?
– what governance feateures have proven effective so far? (if appropriate)
– how should the governance of this urban challenge evolve in the future?
– if you can, give one or two real-world examples
– please indicate some references for further reading, inluding contributions of your own
– no visuals, figures or tables, just plain text
So far, we have identified the following topics (urban governance challenges):
– how to govern ports in cities / port cities? (deadline for submission of your contribution : April 15th, 2023)
– the challenges of governing green and blue urban infratsructures (June 15th, 2023)
– digital urban mobility: how to govern urban mobility data? (September 15th, 2023)
– waste management: governing the circular urban economy (November 15th, 2023)
– drones and the governance of urban airspace (January 15th, 2024)